iOS Client fail/problems [FIXED]
  • Hi there,

I'm trying to build a project for iOS(64 bit Universal). I'm using IL2CPP and NET2(not subset, as it didn't seem to work with uLobby on mobile).

uLobby version 1.3.0-beta14(After reading forum posts over and over, I came to the conclusion that iOS IL2CPP builds are supported).

The problem is, if I use the full DLL, I get errors related to reflection, probably there are some lobby side things that does not work on iOS. If I use the client DLL, well this is a different story:

Scenario 1
    Use client DLL, named uLobby.dll, build fails saying it can't find assembly uLobbyClient.

Scenario 2
    Use client DLL, named uLobbyClient.dll, build fails saying it can't find assmebly uLobby.

Scenario 3
    Use client DLL twice, one named uLobby.dll, one named uLobbyClient.dll, build works, all good, Xcode is able to build and run.
    Here comes the problem. The built in dll RPC receivers, those that starts with _RPC, are not being used - simply says they cannot be found. I've read the manual over and over and eventually found out that I must add the options from link.xml to prevent Unity from stripping uLobby. I did that, the problem still persists.

Now, I am pretty sure it fails because the game uses the same DLL code twice, but if this is the case, what can be done?
    If you go to properties->details on the Client DLL, it will show that the original file name was uLobbyClient.dll, so I assume the assembly name is the same. Maybe if you guys could release a new Client DLL using uLobby as assembly name it would work; after all, there's no need to have different names since only one will be used in a build.

What are your thoughts? Is there anything to be done?
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Fixed by renaming the assembly name in link.xml

assembly fullname="uLobby"

becomes

assembly fullname="uLobbyClient"

Do not change types too, as namespaces are still named uLobby; only the assembly name is changed.

Client DLL must be named uLobbyClient.dll in order for it to work.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tagged