Problem Building Standalone in Unity 5.4 beta
  • I am getting an issue building uLink in the Unity 5.4.0.b4 beta caused by the NetworkPrefs object calling Resources.Load in its Reload method which is called by its static constructor.

This is the exception:

Load is not allowed to be called during serialization, call it from Awake or Start instead. Called from script 'uLinkOverrideSettings' on game object ''.
    See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
    UnityEngine.Resources:Load(String)
    uLink.NetworkPrefs:Reload()
    uLink.NetworkPrefs:.cctor()
    uLink.Network:GetPrefs()
    uLink.Network:GetPrefs()
    uLink.Network:.cctor()
    General:.ctor() (at Assets/CustomPlugins/uLink/Utility Scripts/uLinkOverrideSettings.cs:26)
    General:.ctor()
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

This will need to be fixed on the MuchDifferent side as we have no control over it
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • We should do something together, like petition or a group letter to MD.
  • Considering the situation, open source would be warmly welcomed. The thing is MDs are everywhere, but this place. Not sure if they know about this 5.4 issue.
    I've tried to contact MD, but with no success. #SummoningAshkan
  • This sounds quite worrying indeed. Unity 5.3 is a mess right now, and most of the issues that 5.3 brought are only set to be fixed in 5.4.

#SummoningAshkan
  • Hopefully they will release the open source version soon, otherwise we're locked to Unity 5.3. :(

I'm very worried about this scenario, as it would be the worst case that could happen for our company.
  • Thanks for the response.

If MD is looking for a trail customer to release the source to, we would love to get the ball rolling on that.
  • Any ideas on what should we do now?
  • The only thing we can do is to wait for the open source, or maybe for a new beta which fixes that problem.

I'm sure we could fix the problem fast after we get access to the source.
  • Probably, it is, but they seem to be busy with something else. What I meant is we should call 'em :D
  • Vote Up0Vote Down AronkeyAronkey
    115 Points
    bump just to make sure it won't pass without noticing as it's serious problem. Unity 5.4 introduced texture arrays which are crucial for many projects.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!