Errors with Prefab Registry - "Missing creator for Prefab"
  • Vote Up2Vote Down CabskeeCabskee
    170 Points
    I have a Register Prefab component on my GameController that has all of the Network-enabled Prefabs I am Instantiating. It is an Authoritative Server so in the Server scene it has the Server Prefabs, Client scene has Client prefabs, and Proxy scene has Proxy prefabs. Easy enough.

However when everyone connects, a bunch of players get:
    Prefab 'Proxy Player' is not registered or placed in the Resources folder
    As well as:
    Missing Creator for prefab 'Proxy Player'

Which makes absolutely no sense because I am looking at the Proxy Player prefab sitting in the Prefab Registry. I've re-dragged, re-added, deleted, and re-created the Prefab and Registry a hundred times, bug still persists.

Here's even a picture to show you it's there:

Anybody have any idea? This is really gamebreaking and halting development.

Also I am using Unity 5.1 and uLink 1.6.0-beta39 Birgit, which I was told was stable enough for production.
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down CabskeeCabskee
    170 Points
    Alright so I found uLink_OnPreBufferedRPCs, which I had previously totally forgot about. In the game I was loading a level at the same time as several Instantiate and RPCs were being called, so I went through and buffered the buffered RPCs and made sure the level was being loaded first, and then the rest of the RPCs were being executed.

TL;DR - Problem fixed by filtering Buffered RPC's.
  • Vote Up1Vote Down mk26mk26
    50 Points
    Remember the same code works fine for Mac and Windows client build.
    Now, my client platform is iPad.
    I'm getting the same error and tried your solution, too.
    I have tried using buffered RPCs and also tried uLink.Network.isMessageQueueRunning false before changing the scene and in OnLevelWasLoaded() making it true again.
    But no effect.

any update on this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tagged